1) To take charge of this post and all Young Marine property in view.
2) To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on alert and observing everything that takes place
within sight or hearing.
3) To report all violations of orders I have been instructed to enforce.
4) To report all calls from posts more distant from the "Guardhouse" than
5) To quit my post only when properly relieved.
6) To receive,obey and pass on to the Young Marine who relieves me all orders from
the Commanding Officer, Field Officer of the Day, and officers and NCO of the guard only.
7) To talk to no one expect in the line of duty.
8) To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9) To call the Corporal of the Guard in any case not covered by instructions.
10)To salute all officers and all Colors and Standards not cased.
11)To be especially watchful at night and to question all person on or near
my post and to report all personnel without property authority.